What is CBD Tea?
CBD tea is a drink that contains various concentrations of CBD infused with regular tea, that can induce several health benefits.
It is not a medicine or supplement, however hemp and cannabis products have been used for many years.
CBD tea in South Africa is available in tea bags, but can also be brewed by adding a few drops of CBD oil to any tea.
There is a wide variety of flavors of CBD Tea in South Africa that is available, such as cinnamon, ginger, mint, chamomile and lemon, each infused ingredient have their own health benefits.
Potential Health Benefits of CBD Tea
- CBD can help calm the brain and may be used to bring about a more peaceful sleep.
- CBD is known for its anti-anxiety properties. It reduces and eliminates the impact of stress on the body and mind without affecting bodily functions.
- Cannabinoids interact with receptors that influence pain and inflammation in the body. CBD affects how these receptors respond to signals they receive, this helps reduce inflammation and pain.
- CBD tea contains antioxidants that may combat the signs of aging. Consuming this tea regularly will reduce wrinkles, dark circles and muscle spasms.
Other benefits include:
- Eases asthma symptoms
- Soothes upset stomach
- Reduces acne symptoms
- Improves heart health
Things to remember when preparing CBD Tea
- This tea cannot be prepared in cold form because the CBD molecules need to be activated with heat (hot water).
- You can add milk to bring about a different, more creamy taste.
- Add lemon peels for a refreshing flavor.
Drinking CBD Tea Vs. Sublingual Methods
The sublingual use of CBD refers to placing the oil under your tongue. This method is easy and exhibits faster absorption, leading to relief almost immediately.
Drinking CBD tea is a different experience, the oil has to be processed by your digestive system, this means that it will take a little longer to kick in.
CBD oil can be taken in a variety of ways, but drinking CBD tea may be the most enjoyable.
Potential Downsides and Side Effects
There is a low risk of serious side effects with CBD, however you might experience tiredness or changes in your appetite.
CBD also interacts with medication, so it’s best to speak to a healthcare professional before adding CBD to your daily routine.
Does CBD Tea make you high?
CBD products don’t have the same effects on mood and cognition as marijuana, this is because of its low THC content. Therefore CBD Tea will not get you high.
CBD tea is available in a variety of flavors and strengths, you should discuss the benefits and risks of CBD products with someone who has a vast knowledge in the area.
There is evidence that CBD can help improve your health or ease symptoms, and this gives hope to people who do not respond to traditional treatments. However, this does not mean that you should replace your medication with CBD.