Logging in to a Linksys WiFi router is an important step of home network management. However, it has been reported that many users are unable to get through the process. Just in case you’re also one of them, we’ve got your back. In this post, we will share some tips following which you will be able to complete the myrouter.local login process easily. Keep reading.
Tips to Resolve Linksys Router Login Issues
- Update the Internet Browser: The very first thing you can do to fix login issues related to a Linksys WiFi router is to update the Internet browser in use. This is to inform you that an outdated version of the web browser does not let the user access the web-based management panel of a networking device. Perhaps, the same thing has happened to you. Therefore, navigate to the Settings section of the internet browser and update it to the latest software version.
- Delete the Browser’s Cache: The second hack also needs to be implemented on the internet browser. No matter whether you have used Chrome or Apple Safari, you must use a web browser that is free of cache and cookies. Know that using a cached version of the web browser will result in the loading of a cached login page which in turn will automatically input the previously used admin password and username of the router thereby causing login-related issues.
- Connect the Computer to the Router: A major proportion of Linksys users are unable to log in to their WiFi routers because of the fact they do not know that the computer used in the process needs to be connected to the router. In case you are also among those users, then consider rectifying your mistake by connecting both devices. If you choose to connect them wirelessly, then use the WiFi utility of the computer. Otherwise, make sure that the LAN cable used by you is non-damaged.
Other Tips to Avoid Linksys Router Login Problems
Although using the aforementioned tips, you will be able to get rid of login issues, just in case you don’t, consider taking the help of the additional tips mentioned below:
- Use the Correct URL: When it comes to accessing a web URL, 90% of users get stuck. It is because they are either unaware of the correct one or enter it incorrectly. For your information, myrouter.local is the default URL to access the web-based management utility of a general series of Linksys routers. On the other hand, if you want to access the web panel for smart WiFi routers, consider using the linksyssmartwifi.com URL. However, you are always free to use the default IP address of the Linksys router model you own.
- Never Use the Wrong Login Details: The login password and username of the Linksys WiFi router are case-sensitive. Therefore, it is necessary that you enter them in the correct order as you’ve set them up. If your WiFi router is still running on the default settings, then use admin as the password. However, use the new details in case you have ever modified the login details of the router in the past. Do not forget to verify the login details entrée before selecting Log in or Sign in.
- Delete Viruses: We do not need to mention the amount of loss that a virus can cause on your entire home network. But, know that if you are using a PC infected with a virus then achieving success with the login process of the WiFi router will become an impossible task for you. Therefore, we recommend you run a virus scan on the PC with the help of an inbuilt software or a third-party antivirus application. In case any infected file is found, you are suggested to delete it as soon as possible.
That’s all about how to avoid and fix login issues related to a Linksys WiFi router. We are now expecting that you will be able to log in to your WiFi router easily with the help of the troubleshooting tips given above.
However, if the issue still does not resolve and your Linksys router does not let you log in, resetting it to the default factory settings will be helpful. All you are supposed to do is press the Reset button located in the hole with the same label. As soon as your router resets, set it up again from scratch.