Nowadays, millions of people perform the Netgear Nighthawk setup in their homes to get fast-blazing internet services. With the help of Netgear routers, people get the internet at every nook and cranny of their house. If you also want that kind of networking device then you should go with Netgear.
However, in this article, we are going to tell you about the two methods of resetting so that you can use them in emergency times. Most people use this feature when they forget the admin details or face issues related to an internet connection. To know more about the reset procedures you need to readout the article from up to down.
First, we want to tell you about the things that will happen with the router after performing the reset process so that you decidewhether it is worth it to use or not.
What is Reset?
To your knowledge, reset is a feature that is available on all networking devices. With the help of this feature, people set their router to its factory settings and also solve many issues like connection issues, forgetting the admin details, slow internet, and many more.
However, most users don’t know about the things that will happen after performing the reset process. If you are also the kind of person who is not aware of the outcomes of the reset, then you don’t need to worry. When people complete the reset process they get their device empty because the reset process erases all the data and customized settings from the device and makes the device new.
This is what you should know about. Now move to the reset method.
Methods to Reset Netgear Router
There are two methods to reset the router. The name of the procedures is a web interface and hard reset. You can follow one of them according to your comfort. So, let’s learn how to reset the nighthawk router without any delay.
- Power on the router by plugging it into the electricity source.
- Connect the router and modem with the usage of an Ethernet cable.
- Switch on the computer or laptop.
- Launch the internet browser on the computer.
Note:The web browser is the most important part of the process. With the help of a web browser, you can access the default web address of the router. So, you need to ensure that your web browser is running on its latest version because the old version does not support the default URL properly.
- Access the Default Web of the Netgear router, to do this you need to insert the default URL into the address bar carefully without making any typing mistakes.
- Press the Enter Key.
- Now, you will see the login panel the in which you need to fill in the Netgear Router Default Password and username into the screenfields.
- The Netgear router setup wizard will appear in which you need to select the reset button.
- Go to the Menu settings >Advanced > Administration > Reset.
- Wait for some time until the router is reset.
Congratulations! Your Netgear router has been successfully reset to its default settings. Now let’s move to the next method which is a hard reset.
You can reset your device through hard reset in case you forget the Netgear Router Default Password or do not want to perform the web interface process. However, this process is one of the easiest to reset the device. The following points will guide you through the further process:
- Power on the Netgear router, and make sure the device getsa fluctuation-free power supply.
- Locate the reset button on the device.
- The reset button is mostly located on the back panel of the device.
- Once you find the reset button, press it for some time until you see the light on the router.
- Now, give sometime to the router in order to set it to factory settings.
This is how you can reset your device through the reset button.
Now you know very well about the reset methods of Netgear routers. You can perform one of them according to your convenience.