D-Link extender keeps dropping connection is one of the many issues that users face with their extenders. Are you experiencing the same issue with your WiFi device? Well, that is unfortunate. But, worry not because the hacks mentioned in this post will surely help bid adieu to the issue you are currently stuck with. Thus, read on.
But, first, become aware of the reasons that might be forcing your D-Link extender to drop connection over and over again.
Why is D-Link Extender Dropping Connection?
- The firmware of your D-Link wireless range extender is either not running on an updated version or is corrupted.
- The distance between your WiFi devices is too much.
- The Ethernet cable connecting your extender and the router is damaged.
- Your Internet Service Provider is being lenient at his job.
- Technical glitches and WiFi interference can also force your D-Link extender to drop connection frequently.
Fixed: D-Link Extender Keeps Dropping Connection Issue
- Reboot Your D-Link Extender
The very first thing that you should do to get rid of the D-Link extender keeps dropping connecting issue is to reboot your device.
Here is how you can reboot your D-Link wireless range extender:
- Power off your D-Link extender and unplug it from its wall outlet.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
- Thereafter, plug your D-Link extender back into its wall outlet and turn it on.
Once you are done rebooting your device, access the D Link WiFi extender setup wizard. Are you able to? No? Well, it looks like you are still stuck with the D Link extender keeps disconnecting issue.
- Verify the Ethernet Connection
Make sure that the Ethernet cable connecting your D-Link wireless range extender and your home router is not worn out or damaged. On the off chance, it is, consider replacing it with a new one immediately. Or, consider connecting your devices with the help of a wireless source.
- Bring Your Devices Closer
Another thing that you can do to get rid of the issue you are currently facing is to place your D-Link wireless range extender close to your home router. But, not too close. Otherwise, the WiFi signals of your device will clash leading you to further technical issues.
- Contact Your ISP
As mentioned earlier, your Internet Service Provider is not doing his job properly. To confirm the same, it is recommended that you get in touch with him. Does he agree that the internet issue is from his end? Well, in that case, give him a couple of hours to get the issue fixed.
- Update the Firmware
Haven’t updated the firmware of your D-Link wireless range extender yet? It’s high time that you do it now. Walk through the below-mentioned instructions and learn how to perform D-Link extender firmware update:
- Switch on your computer or laptop.
- Open an internet browser.
- In the address field of your internet browser, type dlinkap.local.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will be taken to the official login page of your D-Link extender.
- Enter the default admin password and username.
- Click the Log In button.
- Head over to the Settings menu.
- Go to the Maintenance option and click the Upgrade button.
In some time, the firmware of your D-Link extender will get updated to the latest version. If you want to go about the firmware update process using some other method, consider opting for the Mydlink app.
- Reset Your D-Link Extender
Did none of the aforementioned troubleshooting hacks work for you in resolving the D-Link extender keeps disconnecting issue? Well, in that case, your last resort is to perform factory default reset.
Follow the instructions mentioned below and learn how to reset your device:
- Find the Reset button on your D-Link wireless range extender.
- Grab an oil pin and use it to press the Reset button.
- Wait for some time.
And you are done! Now, reconfigure your D-Link extender using the D Link app.
In the Nutshell
Our guide to troubleshoot the D-Link extender keeps dropping connection issue has come to an end here. We hope that after following the troubleshooting hacks mentioned above, you will easily be able to get your device back on track.