Performing Netgear WiFi extender setup is the best way for bringing an uninterrupted WiFi range to poor connectivity areas of your house that your existing router fails to reach. So, if you want to extend the range and connectivity of your existing wireless network, it is advised that you configure a Netgear range extender via mywifiext.local.
Wondering how to do that? Well, wonder no more! Follow the troubleshooting tips given in this post and learn how to set up a wireless range extender using three different methods. Continue reading.
Netgear Extender Setup: Netgear Installation Assistant
Mentioned below are the instructions that you need to walk through in order to configure a Netgear extender via the Netgear Installation Assistant:
- Unbox your Netgear wireless range extender.
- Plug the extender into a power source and turn it on.
Note: See that your Netgear wireless device is getting an uninterrupted power supply from the power source.
- Let the LED become green.
- Grab an Ethernet cable and connect your extender to the existing router.
Note: The Ethernet cable that you will use to connect your devices should not be worn out or damaged from anywhere.
- Switch on your PC and launch a browser.
- In the URL bar of the internet browser, type the default web address of your extender. You can also use the 192.168.1.250 default IP to access the Netgear extender login page.
- Once on the Netgear extender login page, enter the default login credentials.
- Click Log In.
- On the Netgear Installation Assistant dashboard, follow the on-screen instructions.
By following these instructions, you will easily be able to perform Netgear WiFi extender setup via Netgear Installation Assistant.
Netgear Extender Setup: WiFi-Protected Setup Method
One of the easiest methods to perform Netgear extender setup is the WPS method. Take the help of the below-outlined steps to configure an extender using the WPS method:
- Plug your Netgear range extender into an electrical socket.
- Press the Power button.
- Once the power LED glows green, switch on your WiFi-enabled device.
- Locate the WPS button located on your extender.
- Carefully press it and change the location of your wireless device.
Note: Do not place your Netgear range extender near transmitting appliances, reflexive surfaces, metal objects, and electronic devices.
Once you are done performing Netgear extender setup by pressing the WPS button, connect your WiFi-enabled devices to the extender’s Netgear_ext to access the internet.
Netgear Extender Setup: Netgear Nighthawk App
Last, but not least, you can also make use of the Netgear Nighthawk app to set up a wireless range extender. Go through the guidelines mentioned below and get to know how to perform Netgear extender setup using the Nighthawk app:
- Unlock your mobile device.
- Go to the Google Play Store or App Store.
- Search for the Netgear Nighthawk app.
- Tap the Search icon.
- From the displayed list of options, select the Nighthawk app.
- Tap Download.
- Wait for a couple of seconds for the installation process to get completed.
Note: Do not perform any background activities on your mobile device while the Nighthawk app is in the process of getting installed.
- Next, create a Netgear account using your personal details, like your full name, email address, and password.
- Then, log in to your extender using the default admin details.
- Tap Log In.
- Once the Netgear Genie setup wizard comes into view, go through the on-screen prompts.
In this manner, you will be able to perform Netgear extender setup via the Nighthawk app.
The Bottom Line
Our guide to perform Netgear WiFi extender setup using three different methods has come to an end here. We hope that after following the guidelines mentioned in this post, you will surely be able to configure a wireless range extender in your home.