Do you want to extend the range of the router in one method? If yes then, there is a simple solution: purchase an extender and connect it with the router. But you don’t know what is extender, Benefits Of an extender, How To set up, How to login these all type of details you can see in this article,
Linksys range extender is a device which permits you to take back the WiFi signal of any router. Extender provides an internet connection to dead zone areas through wireless connection.
Linksys WiFi extender creates a new WiFi network that you have to connect to it. It will less the bandwidth by about 50%. This means that your device might do work slower when you are watching videos or netflix and transferring the large files over your network.
- Linksys extender reaches the reach of an internet connection.
- Purchasing of an extender is the best investment.
- It controls all the issues of dead spot areas.
- Extender makes your WiFi network flexible.
- Extender provides you with the fastest and strongest internet connection.
- In the small budget extender provides you high performance.
- Linksys RE7000 WiFi range extender is overall the best.
- Linksys RE9000 WiFi range extender is best for top speed.
- RE6700 linksys extender is best for the feature set.
- RE6300 extender comes in a very affordable budget.
- First of all you all have to need Linksys router and router with you.
- Enter your user ID and password in Linksys extender login portal. If you don’t know your username and password then you can check on the box or below the extender.
- You must have a mobile and computer from one of them to open a web browser.
- First of all, you have to connect your Linksys extender with your mobile phone or computer.
- After that, connect your extender to WiFi with the help of computer and mobile phone.
- Now, open WiFi list on your mobile phone and search for Linksys_’EXT’ network and connect your mobile and computer to the WiFi network of an extender.
- After doing this, open any web browser on your mobile phone or on the computer and type your linksys IP 192.168 1.1 in the url bar of the web browser.
- After doing this, a login page will open on your screen.
- Enter all the required credentials in the login form of Linksys extender.
- After this you can easily change any settings regarding, WiFi channels, check speed of internet,
There are three methods by which you can quickly connect your extender to the router.
- By ethernet cable you can connect the extender to the router.
- Via WPS extender is easily connected to the router.
If you don’t know how you can use this method then read continuously,
By WPS Method
- First turn on your extender and put the plug of the extender in the power socket.
- Wait for a few minutes to turn on the LED extender light and turn it into solid blue.
- You must be sure that both router and extender should be placed in the same room.
- Further, press the WPS button of the extender or just within 2 minutes press the WPS button of the router.
- After doing this you can put out the plug of an extender from the power socket and place your extender to a new location.
- Both WiFi extender and router are not more far away than 10-15 feet.
Tip: After trying this method if you are still unable to connect your linksys range extender to router then you must try the second method,
Connect Extender To Router Via Ethernet Cable
- Connect an ethernet cable to the ethernet port of the router. Before doing this your computer must be connected to the router.
- Connect the other end of the ethernet cable to the ethernet port of an extender.
- Now, place the plug of the extender in the power socket.
- Now, Wait at least for a few minutes and the LED light becomes stronger.
- As a result, the extender is successfully connected to the router.
Note: After following these steps you can easily complete your Linksys extender setup.
After reading this article we can hope, you can easily increase the range of the router in just 1 method. Stay tuned for more updates.