In this particular post, we will make you aware of the complete process on how to set up a Linksys RE6400 AC1200 boost EX WiFi extender in the range extender mode. We will explain each and every step involved in the Linksys Range Extender Setup process for RE6400 in as detailed manner as possible.
However, before that, we will let you know a quick overview of some of the typical characteristics of this amazing Linksys WiFi range extender.
Characteristics of Linksys AC1200 RE6400 Extender
One of the great characteristics of this extender is its ability to work as both a range extender and an access point.
- Have the capability to boost your WiFi network coverage up to 7500 sq. ft.
- Includes two non-detachable antennas. Thus, it focuses the WiFi signals in any one specific direction.
- Cross-band technology and Beamforming technology also a center of attraction.
- Comes with dual-band functionality i.e. it can work in both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands at the same time.
- Provides support for Spot finding technology which comes handy when you place the extender at the optimal place.
- Incorporates one 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet port. With this port, you can use the RE6400 extender as an access point.
- Includes IEEE 802.11ac wireless standards.
These were some of the primary functions of Linksys RE6400 AC1200 boost EX WiFi range extender. Thus, we can conclude that RE6400 is replete with dozens of advantages which stands it out from the rest.
Without further ado, let’s get to know how to set up Linksys extender and install the Linksys RE6400 WiFi range extender in the Extender Mode.
Essentials for Linksys RE6400 Setup
Router’s WiFi settings
- A workable WiFi connection
- Turned on Linksys RE6400 extender
- Default credentials for Linksys range extender Setup
As soon as you ensure the above-mentioned things, go ahead and start setting up your Linksys AC1200 boost EX extender.
Linksys AC1200 Setup Steps
The first step is the same as that of all other WiFi range extenders and that is to plug it into a power source and turn it on.
- After that, you have to take a device with which you are looking to set up your Linksys range extender. It can be a laptop, computer, tablet, phone or any other device which you like. Here, we are showing the steps while taking a computer into consideration. Basically, this device is used to access the default extender login page for the setup success.
- The next step is to connect this computer to the Linksys extender’s network. For this, open the network manager of your PC and find the extender network. Once found, connect to it.
- After you connect to the extender’s network, load up an internet browser and type extender.linksys.com in the address bar.
- Input the login username and passphrase to continue.
- Once logged in, click on the start setup button.
- Here, you will be asked to choose whether you wish to set up your RE6400 extender as a range extender or as an access point. Select the range extender option.
- Followed by it, click on the next button.
- Select the WiFi network you want to extend from the available list.
- Thereafter, enter the network password and click on next.
- Now, use the Spot Finder to determine whether your extender is placed in the right position or not. In case it shows right, click on the next button.
- Create an admin password for your Linksys RE6400 extender’s network.
This is how you set up your Linksys extender using extender.linksys.com. Once done, don’t forget to save the settings done by you. Now, a screen will come into view which shows that your Linksys RE6400 extender has been set up in the range extender mode.