Since its introduction, the Aadhaar card has become the most critical identity document in every Indian’s life. All tasks—from easy ones like purchasing a SIM card to more crucial ones like your admissions and loans—require it. Due to its extreme importance, understanding and using the services provided concerning the Aadhaar card are essential. This article helps you clear your doubts about the Aadhaar card and everything related to its verification, including Aadhaar Validation Letter.
What Is Aadhaar Card
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) issues each citizen of the country an Aadhaar Card, a 12-digit unique number. It serves as a single form of identification and offers proof of identity and address. However, you cannot use an Aadhaar Card in place of a PAN card, a driver’s license, a passport, etc.
Aadhaar Card Verification – Why Do You Need It?
Verifying your Aadhaar card is done through the Aadhaar Card verification process. You can complete the verification by providing your 12-digit Aadhaar number. Online Aadhaar card verification is simple to perform using the UIDAI website’s official portal. In addition to providing Aadhaar cards to Indian citizens, UIDAI also keeps Aadhar card holder’s records. Once a person has registered for an Aadhaar card and obtained their Aadhaar number, they can easily verify their Aadhaar card.
To ensure your Aadhaar number is validly issued, it is crucial to verify your Aadhaar card. At the time of Aadhaar verification, the gender, age range, and state of the cardholder will be visible. If the provided information is inaccurate, the cardholder should immediately contact UIDAI.
How To Verify Your Aadhaar
You must have your Aadhaar number or UID to verify your Aadhaar card online. The following are the fundamental procedures to complete to verify your Aadhaar card online:
- Visit the UIDAI website.
- Select “Aadhaar services” from the menu at the bottom of the page.
- Select “Verify an Aadhaar Number” next.
- Aadhaar Verification will take you to a new page.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number
- Type “Captcha Verification” into the box provided.
- Select “Proceed to Verify.”
- Your Aadhaar will be verified.
What Is Aadhaar Validation Letter?
A letter called an Aadhaar Address Validation Letter is delivered to the address of the Address Verifier by the UIDAI. After the Address Verifier permits the requesting resident to use their address, a validation letter with a secret code is sent. In 30 days of the date you submitted the request, the resident will receive the Aadhaar Validation Letter.
How To Request For Address Validation Letter
Steps to request Aadhaar address Validation Letter:
- Go to the UIDAI’s official website.
- Under the “My Aadhaar” tab, select “Request for Address Validation Letter.”
- Log in using your Virtual ID or Aadhaar number.
- You must enter the Aadhaar ID of your Verifier. After receiving your verifier’s approval and authentication, your Aadhaar will be update using their Aadhaar address.
- At this point, click “Submit” to continue.
How To Update Your Address After Address Validation Letter
You can update your address after receiving the Aadhaar Validation Letter by following the given steps:
- A letter validating your address will be mail to your verifier’s address along with a secret code.
- You must go to the Self Service Update Portal and select “Proceed to Update Address.”
- Enter your Aadhaar ID to log in.
- Choose “Update Address via Secret Code.”
- Enter the secret code.
- Review the new address before pressing the submit button.
- Write down the Update Request Number display on the screen to check the status later.
Therefore, you should verify your Aadhaar card by following the given steps. You can also use your Aadhaar validation letter to update your address.