Are you looking to connect your current WiFi router with a new one? If yes, this how-to guide explains everything you need to for the same. Let’s start over.
Note: No matter for which router brand you want to execute the process, the guide applies to all with minor changes like default web address or credentials, etc.
Here in this write-up, we are going to cover Netgear as a product line. For this, routerlogin is the default web address to be used. All the router models of Netgear can be connected to an already existing router with the help of this web address.
Here’s How to Connect Your Old Router to Netgear Router
There are certain ways following which you can establish a connection between both the routers, either wirelessly or with the help of a coaxial cable.
Here, we are jotting down the connectivity steps for those who are looking to make this happen in a wireless manner.
- Unpack your Netgear router and check whether all the parts are available in the box you received from your vendor.
- If everything is OK, give a suitable place to your new router. Make sure you place it in the same room where your existing router is already spreading its wings.
- Now, if the Netgear router model you have invested in supports additional antennas, install them in an accurate manner.
- Once done, power up your Netgear router by plugging its power adapter into a working power socket.
- As soon as you find your router’s LEDs have started glowing, connect your old router to the new router wirelessly.
- Make sure a firm connection has been established between both the devices.
- That’s all about how to connect old router to new router wirelessly.
Well, your work does not end here. To get the WiFi signals from your new router, you need to configure it also.
Here’s How to Configure Your New Netgear Router?
The moment you are done with connecting your routers wirelessly, get access to your PC and launch an already updated web browser on it.
- Thereafter, access the URL bar of your browser and type the www.routerlogin.net web address into it without committing any typing mistakes.
- You will be taken to the login page of your Netgear router with the press of Enter key.
- Reaching here, type the default login username and password of your NETGEAR router and click Log In.
Quick Tip: Those who are unaware of the login details of their routers are advised to check the user manual that came along with the product at the time of its purchase.
- The dashboard of the Netgear router will display.
- Next, head towards the settings of your router and get connected to your existing router.
- Certain on-screen instructions will then display on your device’s screen.
- Follow all of them the way they are to complete the configuration process of your new router.
- You can now change the location of your new router as per your WiFi needs.
Some users have been witnessed struggling with various issues while connecting their existing routers to the new Netgear routers. If you are also one of these, below are some Netgear router troubleshooting tips to be tried.
Troubleshoot Netgear Router Setup Issues
- Keep your Netgear router in an open area and over a higher surface.
- Make sure the power socket you used to install the power adapter of your router is giving an adequate power supply.
- Keep interference-causing devices away from your Netgear router. To name a few, Bluetooth speakers, cellular phones, baby monitors, reflexive surfaces, aluminum studs, and metal appliances are the major culprits interfering with WiFi signals.
- Although any web browser can be used to access the default web address of the Netgear router, the one that is updated and does not accumulate junk of cache and cookies will work in a better manner.
- Make sure to type the default web address only in the search bar of your browser.
- Be certain that there are no typing errors in the login details you have use to connect your old router to the new one.
In a Nutshell
Our guide on connecting an old router to the new router wirelessly comes to end here. We wish you got success with the process. Enjoy surfing the web without any hassle!