Are you getting a hard time reconnecting your Netgear extender to your home router networks? If yes, then don’t panic. Here we will guide you on how you can re-connect your Netgear extender network to your home router with ease. Just have a quick look at the below section.
How to Reconnect Netgear Extender to Home Network
Here we have listed detailed steps to re-connect your Netgear WiFi extender to the home network via a wired or wireless connection. Just bear in mind that your extender must be connected to your router previously. So, without wasting any more seconds, let’s start with the process.
Via Ethernet cable
- First, you need to power on your Netgear extender and the PC after plugging them into the power socket.
- On your PC, access an upgraded version of the internet browser.
- Then, on the web browser, insert mywifiext.net in the URL field and press the Enter key.
- You’ll be then directed to the Netgear extender login page where you are required to input the Netgear default username and password in their respective field.
Important Note: If you aren’t aware of the Netgear default username and password, refer to the Netgear extender manual which has arrived with the product at the time of purchase.
- After filling in all the asked login credentials, click the login button.
- Once you have successfully logged in, you’ll view the Netgear extender setup wizard where you need to browse the cursor to the Setup option and then select Wireless Settings.
- Next, you need to confirm that the value in the Password field is similar to your router password. If it doesn’t match, then modify it to your router password.
- Then, click the Apply button to save the settings you have made.
- Now, re-connect your client devices to the extender.
In this way, you’ll be able to reconnect your Netgear WiFi range extender to your home router.
Via Wireless medium
- While reconnecting your Netgear extender wirelessly, you are required to press the Reset button to perform a default factory reset of your Netgear extender.
- Open an internet browser on your PC and input the Netgear extender default URL in the address bar.
- Press the Enter key, the Netgear extender login page will appear where you are required to insert the default username and password.
- After inserting the required login information, click the Log In button to access the mywifiext setup wizard.
- Once you are on mywifiext setup, then you need to go through the instructions appearing on your screen to establish a connection between your home router and WiFi extender.
- Once they both are connected, you can now take advantage of high-speed internet.
Finally, after going through the aforementioned steps, you’ll be able to re-connect your Netgear WiFi extender to your home network.
On the off chance, you get stuck with any type of issue and you aren’t able to reconnect your extender to your router’s network, then implement some basic troubleshooting solutions mentioned below to get rid of the problem.
Perform a Reboot
Users, at times, aren’t able to make a successful connection between the Netgear WiFi extender and the host router due to minor technical hiccups. And these minor issues can be fixed by simply restarting their Netgear extender. So, you should also consider rebooting your extender before jumping to any other troubleshooting hacks So, go through the instructions to restart your extender with ease.
- Remove all the devices from your Netgear extender.
- Now, turn it off after removing your extender from the power outlet.
- Wait for some time before connecting it back to the electrical socket and turning it on.
Now check whether the issue has been resolved by connecting to Netgear extender SSID i.e Netgear_ext.
Check Your Ethernet Connection
Confirm that the Ethernet cable you are using doesn’t have any kind of wear or tear. If you detect any damage to the Ethernet cable, then swap or replace it with the new one. While using a wireless connection, make sure that your Netgear extender is getting strong internet signals. If that’s not the case, then try relocating your extender close to the home router.
Check the Power Supply:
Examine the condition of the power socket through which your Netgear extender is connected. Any damage to the power socket can cause trouble. So, if you detect any damage to the electrical socket, then try switching your Netgear router to another socket. Moreover, don’t forget to onspect the conditom of the power cord as it needs to be free from any kind of damage for proper functioning.
Hopefully, the aforementioned information proved to be helpful in assisting you in reconnecting your Netgear extender to your home router network without any trouble.