Yes, you can go for it! Rockspace is a very good WiFi range extender. It is suitable for every big or small home, apartments, offices, IT companies, malls, and so on. There are many Rockspace extender models out there. You can select any among them as per your internet needs and budget.
I bought a Rockspace WiFi extender! What to do next?
- Good question! After purchasing the extender the very first thing that you have to do is to unbox it.
- After unboxing, you have to select a perfect place for your Rockspace WiFi extender.
What would be the next step?
The next step is to perform Rockspace WiFi extender setup process. Wait! Before that you need to take care of the following points:
- To perform Rockspace wifi extender setup process in a proper manner, you have to plug it in first. Make sure that the wall plug isn’t loose or short-circuited. Otherwise, it will damage your WiFi range extender.
- Next, you have to grab an Ethernet cable. Why? Because you have you make an Ethernet connection between your Rockspace device and router for the extender configuration process.
Can I connect them wirelessly?
The answer to the question is no!
- Why? Because there can be a lot of WiFi signal interference. Connecting your devices in wireless manner will give you issues while completing and performing Rockspace WiFi extender setup process. Apart from this, it can also increase the risk of hacking.
- Yes, as soon as you complete the Rockspace WiFi extender setup process, we suggested you to change the default login details of your Rockspace WiFi range extender. Doing so will help you to reduce the risk of hacking.
What would be the next step?
Now, after connecting your extender and router using an Ethernet source, the next step is to turn on any WiFi-enabled device you use for surfing the web. Just make sure that its software is up-to-date.
- Have you updated the software of the device? What? It is already up-to-date? Wow, what could be better than this? Without much delay, open a web browser of your choice on the device.
- Ignoring the search bar, straight away drag your mouse cursor over the browser’s URL bar, copy re.rockspace.local and paste in the URL bar. Doing so will prevent the re.rockspace.local not working issue for you.
I have copy-pasted the URL but it is still not working. Now what?
Your web browser has to be up-to-date. The web address, re.rockspace.local will surely give you the not working issue if you are working with an outdated browser.
If your mobile data and the WiFi network both are on, then also you will face the re.rockspace.local not working issue. Chances are both the WiFi signals are clashing and that is giving you the issue. So, , either use your mobile data or WiFi to access the web address.
Are you sure that you are not using the browser’s search bar? Yes? Then the last tip that you can apply to make the web browser working for you is to clear the browsing history and simultaneously close/ unpin all the opened/ pinned tabs.
Wow, the web address is now working! What’s next?
- Press the Enter key.
- Use the default rockspace admin login username and password to reach the Rock space WiFi extender setup page.
Reached the Rock space WiFi extender setup page successfully? What could be better than this? Follow the instructions and complete the Rockspace WiFi extender setup process with ease.
My extender is configured successfully! What to do next?
- Unplug it and plug it into the location of your choice. If you don’t want, you can skip this step.
No matter where you place your Rockspace WiFi extender, it must be in reach of your existing router and connected to it wirelessly. Yes, wirelessly! You read it absolutely right! The reason being, you can’t connect extender and router using an Ethernet source all the time. If it is possible then for you, then you can do that as well. There isn’t any problem in that. But, wireless source cannot be used during the configuration process. The reason we have already provided above.
What are you waiting for now?
Your extender has been configured. So without waiting much, without delaying, enjoy the extended speed of the internet everywhere.
Now, we will ask you: Is the Rockspace WiFi extender good? What are your reviews? Should others buy it or not?