Netgear extenders have become everyone’s favorite since they came into existence. They enable users to access a lag-free internet in every nook and cranny of their homes. If you are an owner of a Netgear EX3700 extender, iImagine a scenario thatit has fallen victim to an issue, and no troubleshooting hack has worked so far. So, you decided to reset your extender and perform Netgear EX3700 setup again. It means all the customized settings will be wiped out. But, the good news is that you can back up the WiFi settings of your extender and avoid the hassle of configuring it from scratch. Let us find out how.
How to Back Up WiFi Settings on Netgear EX3700?
Follow the steps given below in order to back up the WiFi settings on your Netgear EX3700 range extender:
- Before you start, ensure that your Netgear EX3700 extender is plugged into a working wall socket and receiving a sufficient electricity supply.
- Now, connect your Netgear extender to the router using a wired or a wireless source.
- Once done, switch on your computer.
- Open a web browser and enter mywifiext.net into the address bar. If you are using an iOS device, use mywifiext local instead.
- Pressing the Enter key will redirect you to the Netgear extender login page.
- Once there, type the default username and password of your Netgear EX3700 extender into the required fields.
Note: If you’ve changed the login details of your Netgear extender after installing it, consider using the changed login credentials.
- Click the Log In button to proceed.
- As soon as you reach the Netgear Genie dashboard, navigate to the Settings menu and look for the Backup option.
- Click it to save the backup file of your Netgear EX3700 extender’s WiFi settings on your computer.
Now that you have saved the WiFi settings of your Netgear extender in the form of a backup file, you can restore your device to factory default settings without any worry. Just in case you are unaware of the steps to reset your Netgear extender, give a read to the following steps:
How to Reset Netgear EX3700 Extender?
- Ensure that your Netgear EX3700 extender is turned on.
- Once assured, look for the Reset button on your extender.
- As soon as you locate the Reset button, use a pointed object to press it.
- Your Netgear EX3700 extender will get restored to factory default settings.
Now, you can restore the WiFi settings of your Netgear extender after configuring it..
Steps to Restore Netgear EX3700 WiFi Settings
- Access the Netgear extender administrative page using mywifiext.net.
- Log in to your Netgear EX3700 extender by filling in the default admin details.
- On the Netgear Genie setup wizard, click the Settings menu and select the Other Settings option.
- Now, locate the Restore option.
- Browse the backup file you’ve saved on your PC and upload it.
- All the customized settings of your Netgear EX3700 extender will get recovered.
In this way, you can back up and restore the WiFi settings of your Netgear EX3700 extender. Just in case you face any issue while doing so, refer to the following troubleshooting tips:
Tips to Successfully Back Up and Restore WiFi Settings
- Make sure that the connection between your Netgear EX3700 extender and router is stable and secure. If you have used an Ethernet cable to connect your WiFi devices, ensure that it is non-damaged.
- The web browser you are using to back up and restore the WiFi settings of the Netgear extender should be updated and free of cache, cookies, and browsing history.
- Avoid refreshing the web browser while backing up and restoring your Netgear EX3700 extender’s WiFi settings.
By following the aforementioned hacks, you’ll surely be able to restore your extender’s WiFi settings with ease. Now, you can connect your WiFi client devices to the extender’s Netgear_ext and enjoy accessing a lag-free internet connection.
This was all about how to back up the WiFi settings on your Netgear EX3700 extender. Let’s hope that you’ll be able to back up and restore your extender’s WiFi settings by following the steps mentioned in this post.