The best way to get blazing-fast internet connection throughout your home is to get a Netgear WiFi range extender and set it up properly. However, like any other device, it has the list of the disasters too. And one of the most common Netgear extender issue is that it is not working as per the expectation of the users.
If the same issue is boggling your mind too, then don’t sweat over it because we are here to help you. Through this piece of writing, you will get to know a number of fixes through which you can easily resolve “Netgear extender keeps disconnecting” issue in minutes. So, fasten your seat belt and get, set, go!
Resolved: Netgear Extender Keeps Disconnecting Issue
Change the Location of Your Netgear Extender
Bear in mind that the wrong placement of your Netgear range extender is one of the common yet major reasons behind the issue. Thus, keep the points highlighted below in mind while choosing the best location for your Netgear WiFi range extender:
- Keep your Netgear range extender in an open, clean, and higher location.
- Keep your Netgear range extender away from the reach of interference-creating unknown WiFi devices.
- Keep your Netgear range extender away from corners. Besides, do not place your extender in a congested area like cabinets or almirah.
Once you’re done, test your extender performance by accessing the www.mywifiext.net setup page on a computer or laptop.
Restart Your Netgear WiFi Range Extender
On the off chance if changing the location of your Netgear range extender doesn’t work for you, then it’s high time to restart it. Sometimes, restarting or power cycling the Netgear range extender is enough for your device to work smoothly.
Here are the instructions that you need to follow in order to restart of power cycle your Netgear range extender:
- First things first, disconnect the devices that are connected to Netgear_ext.
- Then, unplug your Netgear range extender from the power socket.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Plug your Netgear extender back in.
Once done, try to access the www.mywifiext.net setup page to check whether Netgear extender keeps on disconnecting issue is fixed or not. In the event that the issue remains the same, walk through the next fix in our post.
Update the Firmware of Your Netgear WiFi Range Extender
Yes, you read it right! Updating the firmware of your Netgear WiFi range extender is another effective solution through which you can easily fix the non-working of the device issue within minutes.
Here’s how to update Netgear extender firmware:
- Make sure that your Netgear extender are router are placed in closed proximity.
- Connect to Netgear_ext.
- Log in to your Netgear extender using 192.168.1.250 IP.
- Select a firmware version for your Netgear extender and click on Download.
- Click on Firmware Update and then select the Browse button.
- Hit the Upload button and the firmware update starts on the same page and your Netgear extender will restart automatically. The Netgear extender firmware update process might take 4-5 minutes.
Kudos! The Netgear extender firmware updates successfully.
A Word of Caution: After clicking on the Upload button, do not try to open www.mywifiext.net setup page, turn off your extender, shut down the computer/ laptop, or do anything else.
If none of the fixes listed above worked for you, then don’t sweat over it! We have another effective solution that will surely help you out. And that is the factory reset method. Yes, you read it right! Resetting Netgear extender will not only restore the device back to its default values but also fix various technical issues with it. To reset your Netgear extender, simply press and hold the reset hole on it and release it after a couple of seconds.
The Bottom Line
That’s all! By following the fixes outlined above, you will surely able to fix Netgear extender keeps disconnecting issue. Just in case, you are still struggling with the same issue, feel free to contact our experts for immediate solution.