“I’ve been trying to access mywifiext.net for the last 2 hours and have had no luck! Tried restarting my Netgear WiFi extender but it didn’t work in my favor. What do I do to resolve the Netgear mywifiext.net not working issue?”
Are you having a hard time trying to access the mywifiext page? Well, I can feel your pain. That is why I’ve written this post to assist you. Here, you’ll find everything needed in order to fix the mywifiext.net not working issue. So, why waiting? Read on!
How to Troubleshoot the Mywifiext.net Not Working Issue?
The below-mentioned troubleshooting steps will help you in accessing mywifiext without any unwanted issues:
- Perform Netgear Firmware Update
One of the major reasons stopping you from accessing mywifiext.net is an outdated firmware. Therefore, it is recommended that you update the firmware of your Netgear extender as soon as possible. Walk through the steps mentioned below to update your device:
- Connect your extender and home router wirelessly.
- Turn on your PC and connect it to your extender’s wireless network.
- Then, log in to your Netgear WiFi extender and access the Netgear Genie Setup Wizard.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Look for the Firmware Update button.
In this manner, you’ll be able to perform Netgear extender firmware update without any hassle.
- Disable Antivirus Applications
Yes, installing antivirus applications on your system keeps it safe from malicious content and viruses. However, it can’t be denied that these applications can be a contributing factor leading to mywifiext.net not working issue.
To troubleshoot the issue, you need to disable these applications right away. Once done, try to access mywifiext.net. Still no luck? Well, that’s probably because you have been using the wrong web address all this while.
- Use the Correct Web Address
Before jumping to conclusions, cross-check the web address that you’ve entered. Is it correct? No? Now you know where you went wrong. To rectify your mistake, make sure that you’re entering the correct web address. In case you are unsure regarding the web address of your router, then I suggest you refer to the official website of Netgear.
- Keep Your Extender Away from Electronic Devices
If you are still banging your head against the wall because you aren’t able to access the mywifiext.net login page, then relocate your extender. The location of your Netgear WiFi extender plays a major role when it comes to its proper functioning.
Thus, keep the following points in mind while relocating your Netgear WiFi range extender:
- Place your Netgear extender away from WiFi transmitting appliances like cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, etc.
- Place your extender in close proximity to the WiFi router. But, not close enough! Or else, their WiFi signals might clash.
- Also, avoid placing your WiFi device near walls, corners, wooden furniture, and mirrors.
- Clear the Cache of Your Web Browser
If nothing has worked for you so far, clear the cache, cookies, junk files, and browsing history of your current web browser. Chances are that doing so will help you in troubleshooting the Netgear mywifiext.net not working issue.
On the off chance, if the issue persists, then nobody is stopping you from taking the ultimate step. And that is, performing factory default reset.
Note: Resetting your Netgear WiFi range extender will restore it to its factory default mode. In other words, every change that you’ve made to your device till now will get erased.