Are you wondering to have a single WiFi network for your entire home? Wonder no more! Netgear WiFi range extender would be an outstanding choice for you. The device provides one network name (SSID) and network key (passphrase) so that you won’t have to switch between networks while hanging out with your family in your home. You can easily connect to its WiFi network using the Netgear extender default password.
And for security reasons, it is very important to change the Netgear extender default password. This tutorial will make you aware of some tips to change the default password of your Netgear extender. Let’s take the plunge! First, let us tell you the importance of changing the Netgear extender WiFi’s default password.
Why Should I Change the Netgear Extender Default Password?
Provided that the Netgear extender default password is very easy to crack for intruders, so using it can allow anyone to have access over Netgear_Ext. On the off chance if you share your WiFi password with everyone then accessing your wireless network might be easy.
However, here we are talking about cyber criminals. They may use the Netgear extender default password to enter your home network and get access to all your devices that are connected to Netgear_ext. Cyber hackers don’t need to be your relative or your neighbor. They can be any one across the globe. Anonymous person can access your home network easily that too only by using your Netgear extender default password.
So, we always suggest our users to change the Netgear extender default password right after the new extender setup process and create a wall of security around your home WiFi network. Without further ado, let’s guide you how to do so.
How to Change the Netgear Extender Default Password?
- Use a WiFi-enabled device that is connected to your Netgear extender using an Ethernet cable or in a wireless manner.
- Make sure that the LEDs on your Netgear extender and your router are stable.
- Open an internet browser of your choice on any smartphone (Android or Apple), PC, or laptop, such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari (for Apple or iOS device) or Google Chrome.
- Enter http://mywifiext in the address bar of your internet browser. To log in to your Netgear extender without any hassle, do not enter mywifiext into the browser’s search bar.
- On the extender login page, type the Netgear extender default password and click on Log In.
- Now, on the Netgear Genie setup wizard page, click on Settings.
- Enter your new Netgear extender’s Network Name (SSID).
- Post that, under the WiFi Password field, select Use a different password option and then select your preferred Security Type.
- Enter the Netgear extender network key (passphrase).
- Verify it to confirm.
- Scroll down a little and click Save to apply the changes.
- You now have successfully changed Netgear extender default password.
Pro Tip: Netgear Genie setup wizard can also be used for setting up Netgear extender and changing the settings of an existing (already configured) one.
In a Nutshell
Now that you have come to know the importance of changing the Netgear extender default password – now you can suggest it to your near and dear ones. Not only the Netgear extender but also we suggest you change the default password frequently on your every WiFi-enabled device. Doing so will protect your device from unauthorized access.
Ending up – If you have any query about changing the Netgear extender default password or need any assistance regarding it, please feel free to drop your queries into the comments box. Our competent technicians will revert back to you with a solution shortly.